Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hello to all of you.

I was at a meeting tonight, one of our open to the public meetings here at the YWAM base. We have a time of worship, a few other things and then a speaker. Tonight the speaker gave a word related to the situation of the global economy, and other things in our lives we may feel are insurmountable problems/concerns. The basic statement was "what does God say". We can tend to worry about these things so much, and fear can grip our hearts. But none of these responses are from the Lord.

As I was listening to them speak, I started to think about the past few years of our time in YWAM, and some of the things that I personally have seen God do. I just felt God impressed on me to write to you all a short simple note to hopefully encourage you. I sat there and just felt God really reminding me of what He actually does say - about Himself, about us, abut the world.
All of these stories have come in relation to a time of prayer. Allof them have at least a touch of the miraculous about them.
Some of them are very recent - the ones in Indonesia just last week. Some are in years past, but are the ones that came to mind as I wrote.

1. In Jakarta, the capital of the largest muslim nation in the world - we as a base have seen over 800 people come to the Lord since January. This is the latest city in our Megacities focus. (for more info. see our website www.ywamperth.org.au ) In the last few weeks, we have seen the number of people getting saved there slow down. This is not what we want, so in our wednesday weekly staff meeting, we prayed directly into this area. A day or two later we started to get reports again of numerous people getting saved and miracouously healed. One man prayed for had big lumps all over his head. As the team prayed for him, they saw the lumps disappear before their eyes. There is also a Muslim lady who is going to be baptized this saturday after getting saved this week. these are just two of many salvations and healings....

2. We have seen phone contact and communications restored somehow, in the war torn country of Chad. It enabled us to arrange an airlift for one of our outreach teams there to be able to fly out. After hours of trying to establish communications with the team inside the country, We prayed as leaders in our weekly leaders meeting, and got a call from the team a half hour later...

3. We now have local chinese YWAM staff with YWAM Perth going out as missionaries from China! (we have a permanent team in China....) Who would have thought this 20 or even 10 years ago. A number of them have been here in Perth studying with us. This country is set to become the largest missions force the world has ever seen!

4. One of our school quarters in the week leading up to outreach expenses being due - as a staff we gathered and prayed and saw over $200,000 come in in one hour to meet different needs of plane fares and ground expenses.

5. I can't even list the number of healing I personally have seen or even prayed for for people. Everything from jaws and teeth being moved into position, to chronic fluid retention, to neck and back trouble, to chronic fatigue, to chronic pain - all being healed by the power of God.

There are many more things I could write, and you could add some too perhaps. But throughout scripture - God constantly says to "remember what I did..."

When I start to worry about something, - I have trained myself to actually go to prayer with it. To give it over to the Lord and let Him loose on the situation. If you find you have been worrying - can I encourage you to change that into prayer. Spend more time in prayer than in worrying. Don't let God go. Be persistent and dialogue with the Lord. He is mighty and Loving! WHat a wonderful combination.

"The king is not saved by a mighty army; A warrior is not delivered by great strength. A horse is a false hope for victory; Nor does it deliver anyone by its great strength. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope for His lovingkindness to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name." Psalm 33:16-21


Be encouraged.
Love from all the Ellis family as I write -

Jen

1 comment:

Archer said...

Hey Jenny, my name's Asher Littlefield and I think my e-mail contact is available through my profile here on blogger. I just wanted to check in with you to see what all YWAM Perth is thinking of doing in relation to the Not For Sale Campaign! I saw that you're the contact person regarding the seminar coming up this month! I live in Indiana in the States, and I'm actually the Deputy State Director for NFSC in Indiana, and I've been praying about possibly doing a school at Perth since one of my friends just returned from her DTS there and has told me all about it! (I did my DTS in Arusha, TZ in Sept 2007.)

So, before I ramble too much longer, I'd just love to get in touch with you by e-mail if you'll get this comment, and maybe you can let me know if there's any hopes of future involvement with NFSC at YWAM Perth, and if there's any hopes for a ministry with them in Perth! Thanks!